Inbound marketing is a marketing philosophy, which has boomed in the United States in recent years.
Inbound marketing is based on the principle: being found by potential customers from the target group, without disturbing them with traditional marketing tools, such as advertisements, direct mailing, cold calling and cold canvassing.
The term “inbound marketing” was conceived by the founders of the American software developer HubSpot. An inbound marketing strategy can consist of the following steps:
- creating relevant content for the target group
- optimizing the findability of this content
- promoting this content online, for example with social media marketing, blogging and pay-per-click campaigns
- converting website visitors to customers using automated e-mail campaigns
- continuously measuring and analyzing the entire process